What Can I Expect From Recovery After a RadiaLift?
RadiaLift is incredibly integrative and effective at rejuvenating the face across all vectors, repairing aging facial tissues in a manner that mirrors the natural way the face sags. By restoring support for the face with this rotational, multi-dimensional approach, RadiaLift can achieve truly natural-looking results that beautifully complement your facial features. This comprehensive treatment plan combines multiple procedures — such as blepharoplasty, facelift and neck lift surgery, brow lift, rhinoplasty, and a lip lift, and laser skin resurfacing, among other potential options — according to a detailed facial analysis and your own unique needs. Developed by double board-certified plastic surgeon Ali Sepehr, MD, RadiaLift can provide an outcome that outlasts the longevity of a standard facelift and other comparable procedures. For all this rejuvenation, many patients wonder whether RadiaLift surgery requires an extensive recovery period.
A certain length of downtime is necessary after any surgical procedure, and a customized RadiaLift is no exception. In general, most patients require at least two weeks of healing before they feel well enough to fully resume their everyday routines. This timeframe varies from patient to patient depending on which procedures were included in your RadiaLift. While Dr. Sepehr will provide detailed post-operative instructions, those interested in RadiaLift can usually expect the following:
- In many cases, patients are able to return to non-strenuous work within 7 to 14 days.
- Bruising, swelling, soreness, and tenderness during the healing period is to be expected.
- Although over-the-counter medications may be sufficient to help manage any discomfort, sometimes prescription medications are necessary for the first few days.
- Sleeping and resting with the head slightly elevated above chest level can help reduce swelling.
- Exercise and strenuous activity should be avoided for four to six weeks.
We understand that you have questions about RadiaLift and Dr. Sepehr would be happy to discuss the procedure in greater detail with you during a one-on-one consultation. Don’t hesitate to contact OC Facial Plastic Surgery to learn more about RadiaLift or to make an appointment at our Newport Beach-area practice.