Meet Dr. Sepehr
“Nothing makes me happier or gives me more satisfaction than to achieve the most beautiful result for my patients”
-Dr. Ali Sepehr
When choosing a doctor, it is important to know that the facial plastic surgeon is well-trained and experienced. Dr. Sepehr’s laurels are his unsurpassed knowledge and skilled hands, and more research will serve to convince you more of his merits and value to you. Dr. Ali Sepehr is committed to providing his patients with the highest level of expertise and quality in the area of facial plastic surgery. Dr. Sepehr is internationally recognized for his expertise in the surgical and non-surgical management of the face and has earned the respect of his colleagues and patients for always achieving a natural appearance.
A Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist
Dr. Sepehr is distinguished from others in his belief that in order to achieve high quality results, it is important to focus only and just on one field of surgery. Therefore, he focused his entire surgical training on the face, knows its every detail, and focuses his private practice exclusively on facial plastic surgery. Thus, he is able to visualize the best solutions for his patient’s concerns, which fosters greater confidence and piece-of-mind.
Dr. Sepehr is also differentiated by his board certification. He is one of a select few fellowship-trained facial plastic surgeons. He completed the prestigious Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the highly sought-after program in Toronto, with a world-renowned facial plastic surgeon, Peter Adamson, MD. During this fellowship his entire experience focused on plastic surgery of the face. As an expert in his field, Dr. Sepehr has taught fellow surgeons on his techniques of facial plastic surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Sepehr is innovative in the study, research and scientific advancement of facial plastic surgery. He has authored numerous chapters in textbooks and scientific papers in various facial plastic surgery journals. Outside of his private practice, he continues to actively teach fellows, residents, and medical students from University of California, Irvine Medical Center.
Another of Dr. Sepehr’s distinctions is his up-to-date knowledge of the current techniques and state-of-the-art technology available today. As new cosmetic and reconstructive technologies emerge, Dr. Sepehr consistently uses prudence, good judgment and solid clinical studies to guide his choice and introduction of cutting-edge procedures into his practice.
This commitment to implementing only the very best of today’s technologies sets him apart and assures every patient of a personally tailored facial rejuvenation experience that is safe and effective. This outcome will be created by a professional who combines skills of a facial plastic surgeon and the eye of a superb facial artist which make him outstanding in a field where a refined artistic sense is essential. Artistry is central to the specialty of facial plastic surgery. The surgeon must first visualize the desired outcome and then create it.
- He is a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners and a member of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society,
- Higher Education–University of California, Los Angeles B.S. Biology summa cum laude
- Medical School — University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine M.D. alpha omega alpha
- Residency — University of California, Irvine Head and Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellowship — University of Toronto Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Some of the bestowed Awards
- 2010 Reuther Kris Conrad Merit Award, for outstanding achievements in the field of research and perseverance in attaining the highest level of expertise in the performance of Facial Plastic Surgery
- 2008-present Who’s Who in American Physicians and Healthcare, in recognition of outstanding achievements
- 2008-present America’s Top Physicians
- 2003 Alpha Omega Alpha National Honorary Medical Society, UCLA School of Medicine
- Chauhan N, Sepehr A, Alexander A, Adamson PA. Differing Complaints Among Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty Patients: Where Do We Go Wrong and How to Reduce Revision Rates. In preparation.
- Sepehr A, Alexander A, Chauhan N, et al. Detailed Analysis of Graft Techniques for Nasal Reconstruction Following Wegener`s Granulomatosis. In preparation.
- Sepehr A, Chauhan N, Alexander A, et al. Evolution in Nasal Tip Contouring Techniques: a 10-year evaluation and analysis. In preparation.
- Sepehr A, Karam AM, Pepper J, et al. The Persian Amercian Woman’s Face: a Photogrammetric Analysis. In preparation.
- Sepehr A, Karam AM, Pepper J, et al. UC Irvine Facial Esteem Survey: Pilot Study of a Novel Instrument Evaluating Individuals’ Facial Self-Perceptions. In preparation.
- Sepehr A, Alexander A, Chauhan N, Harley C, Adamson PA. Cephalic Positioning of the Lateral Crura: Implications for Nasal Tip-plasty. Arch Facial Plast Surg. Accepted.
- Manuel CT, Roulad A, Protsenk DE, Sepehr A, et al. Needle Electrode-Based Electromechanical Reshaping of Cartilage. Ann Biomed Eng. 38: 3389-97. 2010
- Chauhan N, Sepehr A, Gantous A. Costal Cartilage Autograft Harvest: Inferior Strip Preservation Technique. Plast Reconstr Surg. 125: 214e-5e. 2010
- Sepehr A, Chauhan N, Alexander A, Adamson PA. Botulinum Toxin Type A for Facial Rejuvenation: Treatment Evolution and Patient Satisfaction. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 34: 583-6. 2010.
- Husein OF, Sepehr A, Garg R, et al. Anthropometric and aesthetic analysis of the Indian American woman’s face. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 63: 1825-31. 2010
- Sepehr A, Adamson PA. The legacy of Jack Anderson, MD. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 11: 412-3. 2009.
- Benson AG, Sepehr A, Djalilian HR, et al. Rhinoplasty – Management of Tip Bossing. E-Medicine. November 19, 2008.
- Kaiser ML, Karam AM, Sepehr A, et al. Cartilage Regeneration in the Rabbit Nasal Septum. Laryngoscope. 116: 1730-4, 2006.